Monday, May 31, 2010

I Really Love the Keybank Vermont City Marathon

My whole family has had such a great time going to Vermont for the marathon for the past 6 years. At first some came to see me run. But now my kids are older; my youngest is 19. They come now to compete. They bring all my grandchildren too. But if we don't get a relay place next year it may end. This year we did not get a lottery pick and we had to buy one late to get in. No one would be sorrier than me if that happened. I do have kids who can run the 1/2, which they may introduce next year, but it would be a stretch for some and they are getting older and may not want to come anymore just to watch. I don't blame them. I know no one from VT will see this but I write this for me and to remind me in the future why things may come about.
Our relay team came in 254/707, 8:54/mi., in 3:53:53 which is the results for all divisions. I thought it was a really good time for our first relay. We all see ways to make it better. Everyone wants to do better next year. Possibly by tomorrow we will see the results for Division 7, which was our division. They only list the overall relay results for all divisions right now.
For the marathon, I did really well too! It was my 2nd fastest time in Vermont and my 4th fastest in 26 marathons. I was 377/2700, the top 14%, and 10/107 in my age group. A 1:45:10 1/2 and 3:30:13 for the 26.2. I was hoping for a 1:45-1:47 1/2 to be on pace for a fast time.It was my 4th fastest marathon ever!!! I will now be in the 1st wave for Boston next year. Yea!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

congrats!! a 3:30 is awesome. glad the race went well for you.