Sunday, May 02, 2010

Saturday/Sunday *

Yesterday I ran 8.3 miles after 2:30 because of work. I picked the hottest time of the day. I needed sunscreen for the first time this year. I use Nature's Gate Aqua Block SPF 50 which is very water resistant, it won't drip in your eyes. It took 1:09:23 to complete the run a 8:21/mi. pace. Avg HR 140 and max 166 both a little higher than normal probably because of the heat and the 8 hours of work. It does make it tougher to run getting up so early and being on your feet the whole time at work. I ran a different route to break up my routine. I do hope to get out today but I have lots to do.
I just finished reading In a Single Bound by Sarah Reinertsen a good quick read I do recommend it!
So I did get out at 1:30 to run. It was hot but I did not seem as hot as yesterday although my legs felt tired. I ran 7.5 miles in 1:03:14 for a 8:26/mi. pace. My HR was near normal from the beginning but I just couldn't push it like I have all week. I probably should take another day off this week. I'll see what the weather is like and how much more I have to do on my school project. I'll link to the web site I'm building when it is done so please view it and suggest ways I can make it better. I have to post it on Wednesday and some of my classmates will be helping me improve the site. I really want to help my nephew increase his business so all suggestions are welcome.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

with nothing pressing on the schedule i am definitely trying to 'relax' and take extra time off now "while i can". soon enough i'll be back in the training trenches! take it easy while you can :)

will be glad to offer any suggestions (if i can think of them)