Thursday, June 03, 2010

Happy National Running Day *

Ironically, I can not run today. I worked 2 mornings in a row after running the marathon and my legs have not recovered. I did work in the yard today and I did run cutting the grass in the backyard ;)
I probably won't run until Sunday since I have to work the next 2 days and my legs are still recovering. I did check the Marathon Guide listing for my 2010 marathons today to check the Age Graded Equivalent Time (AG Time) to see where 3:30:13 placed me, http://www.marathonguide.com/results/search.cfm and it was 2:54:48. I know a lot of younger people scoff at this, but I do believe that the way I feel when I run well throughout the marathon would have me running much faster 28 years earlier. Who knows if I could have run a 2:55 when I was 30; but if I ran a 3:18 at 54 I know I could have run faster at 30. Really it a mental thing.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

well really everyday is running day to us runners! :)

i certainly don't scoff at your marathon times! you can beat me with 30 years on me! amazing :) you should definitely be proud.