Thursday, May 20, 2010

Heat, Sun and Running Long

Well I waited to run until noon today because VT is always hot and humid. I love the Keybank VT City Marathon but it can be draining. I ran 10.1 miles (my watch died before I left; the outlets in my house don't always seem to deliver the juice I think they did) so I ran a route I have run dozens of times in the past. 10.1 miles in about 1:24:00 about 8:22/mi. although I did feel tired and had no legs at first and it hit me again at mile 8-9. I received a call from my youngest daughter that she and my oldest daughter were at Target and they had found shirts we could all wear in the relay/marathon. I went over and they were perfect. Now we just have to get "Awesome A's" printed on the front. I hope the weather is good, sunny and a little cool, so everyone wants to do it again next year. My garden now has six 25-30' rows with carrots, peas, beets, kale, green beans and gords growing. I love gardening almost as much as running. It so cool to see things growing. Last year we seemed to grow a lot of bugs, bad bugs; I hoping this year that is not the case.
My 2 daughters ran about 3.65 miles after getting the shirts. I think they will do fine running 5+ miles in the relay.

No comments: