Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A lot happened in 2 Days

Tuesday I ran only 4 miles because I had my orientation at Target and I didn't know what to expect and I'm not usually out after 10 PM during the week. I felt fine and all my team members were in their 20's and very nice. I think I will like working at Target; I only wish I was making a little more money.
At lunchtime yesterday I picked up my daughter Tiffany and went to Fleet Feet in West Hartford to see and talk to Dean Karnazes. He is an amazing guy and a very genuine person. I really like him and he was warm and personable in his brief talk. They gave us pizza from Luna pizza, http://lunapizzact.com/ fresh tomato and a wonderful pizza. He signed his book for me ,50 marathons in 50 days in 50 states, and Tiffany took our picture. A most memorable lunchtime. He has inspired me to do even better than I have in the past.
Today I ran 10.2 miles in 1:24:00, 7.2 mph and 225.6 miles for the month; my longest monthly total this year.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

glad target is off to a good start! will you be working that late normally? it would definitely take me some time to adjust to a new, later schedule.

nice mileage for september! congrats on the monthly-mile pr :)