Saturday, October 03, 2009

October is Here

Thursday I ran 6.1 miles in 50:47, 7.2 mph. I felt a little tired and was looking forward to a day off on Friday.
Yesterday I worked on my programming homework; it took 5 hours to get through the chapter and do the work. There was a lot to digest and the work took a little more thought than previously.
I have to take a mid-term this week in my web design class. I also start getting up at 3:20 AM for work.
Today was the last run with Simone before the marathon next Saturday. She just wants next Saturday to arrive. I know the feeling. I don't feel nervous for Hartford, I guess I'm more nervous about my work hours.
Simone will run on her own and I suggested that she take it easy in the 1st half. I will ride down with her and start the race with her but will then run ahead. I'll be there at the end to cheer her on.
She is ready and she could run a sub 4 hour, it really comes down to her head. Positive thoughts throughout.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

good luck on the mid-term! yikes 3:20am, and i thought my schedule was crazy.

sounds like a good plan for hartford and simone. good luck to her and her first marathon!