Tuesday, September 01, 2009

First Tuesday in September

September? Where did the Summer go? I know it's still Summer but school is back in session and it never seems like Summer then. Ran 10.5 miles today in 1:26 for a 7.3 mph pace. My right knee hurts; Shannon said to castor oil it because she felt there was stagnation in the area. She is very good and I usually act on her advice but I have been so busy with so many things I have not had a chance to do it. I did not get the second interview yet with Rockville Bank; Sue the branch manager said she would call me tomorrow with details. I have so much to offer but I feel that people think I'm too old. I'm taking 2 classes in web design and programming I run at least 40 miles a week and I do numerous things for friends and family besides cooking dinner most nights but I'm too old. I would like to see someone 20 years younger keep up with me. I think America is throwing away a whole generation of people early because of the recession. I haven't even been able to volenteer because there are so many people my age volenteering! I would like to help people be healthier and get more exercise but I don't know how to reach a larger number of people except through the Senior Center. Most of the "Seniors" are already doing more.
I hope I can run the 2 marathons in October. I will look for work soon that will not care weather I run or not. They will care only if I show up. America could be so much better than it is; we should work to improve our lives not just to work.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

"we should work to improve our lives, not just to work" = AMEN!

i am in my first "real" job here a few years out of school ('06) and i have always been a big believer in doing something you enjoy/believe in for your work. unfortunately i am not living that right now with this current job, but i am thankful to still have one (we've had a LOT of layoffs) and i know one day i will figure out what i truly want to do. i think a lot of us runner-folk like to help others live healthier, active lives! good luck in your continued search!