Monday, September 07, 2009

Yesterday and Today: 5 Weeks to Hartford Marathon

With the cooler NE weather my speed has returned. I took it easy yesterday and still ran 7.0 miles in 57:34 for 8:13.4/mi.
Today I ran with Simone and she exceeded my expectations by running 11.3 miles in 1:35:00, 7.1 mph and a pace of 8:24.4/mi. That equals a 3:40.5/mi. pace for 26.2 miles. I know you can't judge a marathon on only 11 miles but she is a strong runner and I believe she can run miles 3-18 at about the same pace. If the last 8 miles are 2 minutes slower per mile then that's still a 3:57+ marathon and under 4 hours. That would be awesome!
My daughter Tiffany is on the St. Joseph's College XC team. Right now she is their 7th best runner and their #1 Freshmen. Her meets are on Saturday so I hope I can find a job that is M-F any hours so I can run my 2 marathons and see most of her meets.
My oldest daughter Julie ran XC in high school and I know from that experience that there are few spectators at XC meets.
My total for the week was 53.2 miles.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

nice long run with simone! hopefully she can keep that strong pace up for the full.

very cool about your daughter running too. xc meets are so much fun to watch, it makes me wish there were adult xc teams!