Thursday, September 17, 2009

Inspired by my Son

I spoke to my son on Tuesday and he ran 15 miles so yesterday I was inspired to run a little longer than I had anticipated. Yesterday 11.1 miles in 1:31:00, 7.3 mph. I'm still breaking in the Pearl Cruise which are like Brooks and Saucony, a little firmer than the Nikes I run in most days. They put more strain on my left knee and right ankle. My legs felt OK after yesterday's run and today I ran 8.1 miles in 1:06:20, again 7.3 mph. I felt strong today in the Nikes and was on my way to accomplishing everything I had to do until my wife came home and told me that we may need to move a couch, chess of draws and a stuffed chair tonight. I'm not in the mood but...
Fewer miles this week ( about 48) but I have been over 50 miles 3 of the last 4 weeks and will average over 50 miles/week for the last 5 weeks.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

nice running this week and very cool for your son. is he training for anything, or just a hardcore runner?

long work days make running/life difficult, and i don't even have a family like you do. (well, a spouse, kids, etc). it wears me down, and while the money is nice i have definitely learned that it does not buy happiness! (or time...) i think the stress of living on a tight budget would be easier than the stress of not having time for anything. ok, i'm venting a little too much... sorry. i know you will put lots of thought into the job situation(s) and i am just hoping something starts up soon for you!