Sunday, April 11, 2010

Saturday/Sunday *

I worked long hours yesterday but I still managed to run 6.2 miles. This has been a good week for me, running wise, and I feel ready to tackle Boston. The Globe has a good on-line blog about the marathon at http://www.boston.com/sports/marathon/blog/  The latest article is about people who have trained but are now injured and hoping to find help so they can still run. The article is by the chief medical officer of the Boston Celtics, Dr. Brian McKeon. His advice,"Walk a mile, run a mile. Forget about what you planned. Get out there and enjoy the experience."
Today I ran another 6.2 miles in almost the identical time I ran yesterday. HR both days between 60-75% of max. Worked trying to get the garden organized this afternoon.


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

that has been my approach to boston ever since my vertigo episodes a month ago. my training was already lackluster and then having to (practically) take 2 weeks off didn't help much either... i'm glad i won't be the only one!

glad your training has been going well so you can have a strong race at boston!