Sunday, April 18, 2010

Boston Marathon Expo

I've taken the past 2 days off. I had to get up for work each day at 2:30 AM and I didn't lay down during the day so I thought that it was best not to push my legs.
Yesterday after seeing my daughter Kelly off at the airport, my daughter Julie and I left for Boston. I was drinking a lot of water and I couldn't make it to the last rest stop before Boston. You don't realize how fast people are driving on the Mass Pike until you are out of your car. We made it to Boston and parked in the neighborhood near the Boston Copley Marriott. I think it was the same street we parked on last year. Parking is free on the street on the weekend there. We walked through the Marriott to the Mall ( I had to use the Men's room again ;)) and we made it to the Expo. It was lightly raining so we decided to walk thorough the Mall.
We went and I got my number (#12510) and shirt and into the Expo we went!
Lots of free stuff; a lot of people sell compression socks this year and I likes a lot of the tee shirts but I had already bought a couple of official items on-line so I didn't have to stand in-line this year (last year Julie and I stood in-line for over an hour). They did have it set up better this year and the lines were shorter. I did buy some PowerBar Energy Bites, they are sooo delicious! I'm not sure I could eat them on the run without slowing down but as a snake they are great!
We left and had something to eat at Legal Seafood before heading home. I got to talk to several runners. It was a fun day.

No comments: