Monday, June 22, 2009

Inspiration from Father's Day

I took Father's Day off after my long Saturday run. My left ankle hurt. Using the Prostretch was helping a lot and I used it 4 times yesterday.
Some of the family went to a graduation party, my daughter Tiffany graduated from high school this past week. One of her friends had the party. The co-valedictorians father has run the Marine Corp and the Boston Marathon about 10 times each in the 80s and it was interesting talking to him. He was much faster then than I am now and he sounds like he is still faster. He talked about meeting John Kelly, the younger, at his store in Mystic.
I mention this because it inspired me to run a little faster today. I would have probably taken it easier because of Saturday.
I went 7.1 miles in 58:18 a 7.3 mph pace 8:12 a mile.
I also signed up for the Drake Well Marathon, http://www.drakewellmarathon.com/ in Titusville PA in August because of the talk and because I have never run a marathon in August.
If I run all 3 I plan on running in the future, I will run 6 this year.

No comments: