Saturday, June 13, 2009

End of My Week

Saturday at 7 AM Simone and I took off for our 10 mile run. She said she was nervous but it didn't effect her running. Or maybe it helped. We drank our first drink at 4 miles with gel and gatorade/water mix at 6.2 miles. We stop to drink but not to take the gel. In the race I usually take the gel before the aid station so I only have to drink and go. We drank again at 8 miles and then at the end. The weather was perfect low 60's and mostly sunny.
We finished 10.0 miles in 1:28:10 for a 6.8 mph/8:49.0 pace. That equals a 3:50:59.8 26.2. Hopefully, she won't slow more than 5 minutes in the last 3 miles the toughest part of the Hartford Marathon.
She is definitely on schedule to run a sub 4 hour; I'm sure the times will bear this out when we run 16-20 mile runs. I have helped Simone with 1/2 marathons and she is a strong finisher.
I got a massage after. Thanks to Shannon Kuzel my legs feel GREAT!
Last week I went 40. 0 miles even with traveling; this week I only ran 31.6 miles but I had 2 10 mile runs.

No comments: