Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another Great Day of Running

I have found that 9-11 AM is an excellent time to run here in Enfield so I get up and go to Mass most mornings and run right after. This morning I ran 8.5 miles. It was another overcast day perfect for running. I tend to run too much and not watch my miles until my legs hurt so I was very aware today and kept the miles below 10. 8.5 miles in 1:11:35 at a 7.1 mph pace. I felt good after and my legs still feel good tonight.
I tried to volunteer with the Humane Society yesterday and after filling out the form was told not to contact them that they would let me know if they needed me. Today I tried to volunteer with the Food Shelf in town and was told they don't need me right now and to contact them at the end of August. It's tough being unemployed but now it seems I can't even volunteer.
I started learning Javascript today and I continue to look for work. I also try to network each day with different people to stay in touch and, hopefully, find someone who has a suggestion that will lead to work.
Today my son helped me out. I will follow up with his suggestions.
It's tough not working now for my marathon aspirations too. I would love to travel and run some marathons this Summer. I read on Marathonmaniacs.com and Twitter all the folks running marathons and I wish I could be there too.

No comments: