Monday, January 03, 2011

Solid Beginning for 2011

Yesterday I went out and ran 6.2 miles in 52:29, 8:28/mi. I had kept my speed down from Saturday and realized that if I keep my speed a little slower that I should be able to go more miles with less pain in my right leg.
Today I went back to the gym; 7.0 miles in 1:01:21 and 2 miles on the elliptical. I'm using the Brooks Ghost outside and the Adidas Boston inside. I will still run some miles outside in the Boston but I'm thinking right now that I need a little more support for the marathon than the Boston will give me over 26.2 miles.
I read an article on running empty in the NY Times and I have been doing this most mornings. So far I feel good doing it with no lack of energy. I do drink 1/2 a cup of coffee and I bring a Gatorade/water mixture just in case.

No comments: