Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Feeling Like My Old Self

Yesterday and today I ran 6.8 miles on the treadmill. Yesterday I went 4 miles on the elliptical and today 2 miles. I have been able to do extra stretching and strengthening exercises too and have had little pain in my right leg.I have also taken only one day off since Christmas. I'm feeling stronger and my legs feel like I can run nearly everyday again. I had run inside in the winter for the majority of the past 15 years, running outside only on weekends, and I'm beginning to think that this helped save my legs. Also I find using the elliptical seems to help my legs too. In the years 2000-2003 when I had problems running I did use the elliptical extensively to rehab and I always felt stronger coming back to full time running. January seems to be a good training month for me over the past 7 years and this may also have to do with more inside miles.

No comments: