Monday, January 31, 2011

Long Run

I took 2 days off so I could have a long run yesterday. 17.3 miles, 2:25:32 total at 8:24.7/mi. I ran all the miles on the treadmill in the Adizero Boston. I took 1 gel and about 10 oz. of Gatorade and about 40 oz. of water. I didn't have any right hip or leg pain and I still don't have any today. This was my longest run since July; I hope to run at least 2 longer runs before Boston plus the 1/2 marathon at the end of next month. For now, I see a lot of treadmill running which will hopefully keep the pain away. I think that all the strengthening exercises are working.
I don't feel quite so back running inside this winter since we have so much snow it would be very difficult trying to run outside near my house right now. The snow mounds are over my head everywhere and the cars cannot see people running at every corner.

No comments: