Wednesday, June 23, 2010

After 2 Days Off

Well, I took 2 days off. Yesterday I got a call at work at 7:20 AM from my oldest daughter that my youngest daughter, Tiffany, had had a car accident. My wife was on the way to the hospital to see her. It turned out that she had totaled her car. I drove to the West Hartford police station, then to the wrecker yard and finally to the site of the accident. Tiffany hurt her left leg but was OK otherwise. She was wearing her seat belt and was just tired from working at Friendly's and on her way to SJC for Freshmen orientation; she is a councilor. She was falling asleep and ran off the road. She is doing OK and hopefully will recover quickly so she can start running again. She said to me she wished she was going running with me when I left this afternoon in 89 degree weather. With 2 days off I felt really good and did not feel the heat until mile 7. I ran 8.3 miles in 1:09:21, 8:21/mi., 7.2 mph and felt good even in the heat. I did take gel at mile 6 and it was so hot that it went right up my nose. that has never happened before. It made me stop to catch my breathe and clear my throat. So far, it is a low mileage week but I am feeling OK.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

scary! glad your daughter is OK with minimal damage. hope she heals quickly!