Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Weekend: 13.1 Miles Sunday

Yesterday I went to the gym planning to run 4 miles. I had to stop after 1. My right leg did not feel right. I went 2 miles backwards on the elliptical trainer instead of running more miles. I felt better.
Today I decided to still try a long run on the track. I planned to try 10 miles but when I got to 9 I felt strong so I ended up running 13.1 miles, 1:51:44, 8:31/mi., 7.0 mph and avg HR 141 bpm. My back and the nerve pain still hasn't popped up; my legs are just tired. I held myself with my shoulders back and stomach in the entire run. I plan on trying to go 18 next weekend and if successful I think I will try to run Manchester.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

that's kinda weird - 1 mile one day and then 13.1 the next. glad it was feeling good for you though!