Monday, October 04, 2010

Keep the Faith

I'm always hopeful that things can and will get better. I'm just not as patient as I should be.
Yesterday I ran 5.2 miles at one of our high school's artificial tracks. My leg actually felt normal yesterday morning so I gave it a shot. I ran 5.2 miles, 46:36, 8:57/mi. I then came home after walking backwards for 1/4 miles and rode my bile for an hour and a half. Probably a little over 20 miles.
Today I just got back from the track and I ran 7.2 miles, 1:00:56, 8:27/mi. and I hit 6:50/mi. at one point. At 4.3 miles I did have a little pain in my right knee but it went away quickly and I feel really good right now. I walked 1/2 mile backwards after running.
I ran only 61 miles in September after running only 129.2 miles in August so I'm finding that my conditioning is not as good as it should be either. Even my left leg does not feel as good as it should.
My plan this week is to try and run almost all my miles on artificial tracks and/or treadmills. I'm hoping that my legs will get stronger and the nerve pain will not come back. As suggested by Lindsay, I am taking it one day/week at a time.

No comments: