Thursday, March 18, 2010

Random Thoughts

In bed this morning my right ankle popped. My leg felt better today.
I haven't run a s much as I like for 3 weeks; Not running the marathon in Myrtle Beach threw me off my schedule and I really haven't recovered. With my classes I was drinking too much coffee to try and wake up and stay awake and I was up too late and not getting enough sleep. Then I would try to run longer distances since I couldn't run as often as I wanted to run. I finally emailed one of my instructors and said I needed to drop another course. Since then my stress is lower and I have gotten enough sleep.
Today I ran another 6.2 miles in 52:14, an avg pace of 8:25. My left leg finally felt fine on the run today. It had hurt above and then the bone below. It may be the older shoes. I received a massage on Tuesday from someone new, Melanie, at Massage Envy. My son had given me a free hour at Christmas and I finally had a chance to use it. I think it was just in time. My legs really needed it. It wasn't the same as I received from Shannon, but it takes time to have someone get use to you and you to get use to them. Shannon hasn't talked to me for 2 months so I felt I needed to try someone new. Shannon had helped me through my first 23 marathons and without her I would not be the runner I am today.
I have lost contact with a lot of old friends lately. I hope to rectify that in the coming months.
Right now I just want this marathon to go well and concentrate on Boston.

No comments: