Saturday, March 06, 2010

Felt like I was Running on Empty Again

After working until 10:30 I raced home to grab my SQL book and went for extra help til 12 o'clock. I had a couple of bowls of a granola mix and went to bed until 3:10. I went out for a run at about 3:25. I felt tired and slow but I wanted to get another 10 today to go over 40 for the week. All week my max heart rate has been high 80 - 90 % of max which I don't think is good for your heart.
Today I was worried that it might be the highest but the results were 154 bpm max which is below 80% and the average 131 pbm which is in the range (125 - 135) I try to hit every time out. So I ran 10.2 miles in 1:29:22 for a 8:45/mi. avg pace. And I felt good at the end. I hope I can run for another 11/2 hours tomorrow but I am going to take it easy if my legs don't recover by the morning. I do drink a few beers on Saturday night and the beer doesn't always help my recovery. Hey it's Saturday!
I read more of Marathon and Beyond before napping today; it's a great issue!

No comments: