Sunday, November 15, 2009

One Long Run After Another

So after taking Wednesday and Thursday off because of work and school, I ran 11.0 miles on Friday. The time was 1:30:21, an 8:12.8/mi. pace. Both my ankles were a little sore. When I got home my new Nike Air Max Moto 7's were waiting for me. Saturday I worked 3:30-1 so and I had to take my CCD class at church to the Rite of Reconciliation so I didn't run. I did feel good after eating so I planned a long run again on Sunday.
I had almost 8 hours of sleep/rest Saturday to Sunday and left at about 7:25 to run. This was my 1st early morning run of the month. I do miss running earlier because I feel I get a lot more done in a day. I hit the 1st mile mark @ 8:30 and my new shoes felt great. From mile 5 to the end I ran fartleks. I finished 10.1 miles in 1:20:23, a 7:57.5/mi. pace. I was thrilled with my time! I could turn on the speed for up to a 1/2 mile. I'm writing this after church and I still feel good, my legs are not sore. New shoes always help me. This is about my 8th/9th new pair for the year.

No comments: