Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Great Day for a Long Run

I went to bed at the same time I would have if I had to get up for work but I had the day off with lots to do including a long run. I got up at 5:30 and worked on home work and ate breakfast. After bringing my 2 grandkids to school I left for a long run at about 8:50. It was a little windy but overall a perfect day to run long. I ended up going 17.1 miles in 2:17:25, an 8:02.2/mi. pace which is the equivalent of a 3:30:28.4 marathon pace. I was running at 6:56/mi pace for my finishing sprint. Needless to say, I felt great the entire run. I feel I need to run a couple of miles before the Manchester Road Race in order to do my best. If I don't warm up I will definitely go slower at the beginning.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

nice long run, and fast last mile! hope the rest of your day off went well. how is the new schedule going? i'm sure by now you've adjusted (as much as you can to those early mornings at least), and hope it's going well!