Thursday, November 26, 2009

Fastest Manchester Ever!

It's not official but my 32:23 for 4.787 miles is unofficially my fastest ever. That's a 6:45.7/mi. pace. I thought at one point my heart was going to pound out of my chest. I actually ran down the downhill portion at a 6:05-6:20 pace and on the flat between mile 3 and 4 I was running in the 5:50s. At the end I noticed my timing strip was detached. I hope I get an official time. It's very important to me since it was my fastest in the 19-20 years I have run. It only took about 3-4 seconds to cross the start so the 32:23 is close to my real time. I wonder if my time is not recorded if I'll get into the same corral or if I'll have to re-qualify? That would not be right.
Today when I was in the corral waiting for the start, 3 guys who did not have cards came under the rope in the under 35 minute corral. I work so hard to qualify and then these guys just cut in; it's not fair.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

congrats!! the resting up seems to have paid off and i'm glad the shift change didn't affect your running.

corral-cutters are bothersome, hope they didn't interfere with your race/mental game!

happy belated thanksgiving as well!