Monday, October 26, 2009

Marine Corps Marathon

This will be brief since I got home this morning at 1:50 AM and got up at 5:20 AM to get ready for work. I'm tired now after being on my feet all day.
I ran a great race. Keith and I started at the 4:15 corral and I had the 3:30 pacer in sight near the finish. I finished strong. Overall I was 1418/20936, 17/619 in my age group with a time of 3:32:19. This was my 6th fastest marathon of the 23 after running Hartford 2 weeks ago which was my 4th fastest. I was in the top 6.8% overall.
My son Keith ran well at first but had not gotten enough sleep since some of his workers failed to show for work and he covered on Friday and Saturday. He came in at 4:24:12 which was in the top 39.6% overall. If he was able to train more he would definitely run much faster.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

congrats!! sounds like the race went well and i hope you are happy with your efforts. glad you were able to start off with your son and also run your own races.

hope your legs are feeling good and the return to work is going well!