Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Crazy Week

I've never had a week like this leading up to a marathon, although, I have had some tough weeks both mentally and physically the week before several marathons.
Sunday I got up at 4:50 to help get ready for the start of work on Monday. I ran 6 miles in 51:03, 7.0 mph. I felt tired but the run felt good.
Monday I got up at 3:15 AM and arrived at work for 3:50. I worked 4-10AM and then went home and went to bed for 2 hours. I got up and ran 5 miles in 41:06, 7.3 mph. When I laid down my legs felt like I should take the day off but I got up and felt fresh.
Tuesday I got up at 3:10; both days I had everything ready to go clothes, coffee, "lunch" and breakfast. I spent the first hours unloading a tractor trailer. I went home and laid down for 21/2 hours and got up and ran 8 miles in 1:07, 7.2 mph.
Today my legs were a little tired. I had the day off from work, but I had to take a mid-term online. After that I ran 4 miles in 34:21, 7.0 mph. A women stopped me in her car to ask directions; she spoke through a plastic tube in her neck. Makes me appreciate all that I have including my health.
I'll take Thursday and Friday off and I'm getting a massage tomorrow afternoon. It may rain early before the marathon but the temperatures sound perfect; 55-65 F.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

sounds like the new schedule is going well so far! hopefully your body is able to continue to get the rest it needs as you continue to adjust.

enjoy these extra days of rest! good luck this weekend!