Tuesday, October 20, 2009

5 Days to the Marathon

Only 5 days to the Marine Corps Marathon.
Today I felt inspired; I'm not sure why. I ran 5.3 miles in 41:43, a 7:52.3/mi. pace.
I was probably avoiding my homework in programming. I'm not sure how to build my most recent assignment. I woke up @ 1:25 AM and didn't get back to sleep before getting up @ 2:50.
I did lay down this morning after work for 2 hours but I have my homework on my mind.
Maybe I'm too tired but I don't know how to fix it and send it in to be graded. I have all day tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to straighten it out.
I feel OK, but my son would like to run with me the whole race in Washington, which complicates matters. I think I can run 3:30 something but my son has never broken 4 hours. I ran with him in VT and we came in 4:25+ which hurt my legs. I don't have to work Monday until 6:00 but my legs will be better if I can just run on Sunday. I've talked to Keith and tried to get him to run his pace and if we run on our own well we have a lot of years to to run a marathon together at a pace we are both comfortable with. I think it's best we decide during the marathon at about mile 3-5.
Either way this should be fun for both of us.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

hope you got your hw figured out! i was never a fan of those kinds of struggles.

get your rest for this weekend! whatever you choose, hope you and your son both have excellent races.