Monday, October 12, 2009

Hartford Marathon

Well I had a GREAT run in Hartford.
I have been busy and tired so I haven't written until now and I won't write much because I need to get to bed.
I came in in 3:30:21, 314th place, 9/89 in my age group. I ran strong right to the end. This is my fastest time since May of 2006 when I set my PR. I had to stop to use the port-a-potty and tie my shoe but at one point I felt I was slacking because I should have run even faster. I had negative splits; 8:05 for 10 miles, 8:00 13.1 and 7:59 for 20 miles. I did slow the last .3 miles which kept me from qualifying for NY (I needed a 3:29:59) but it was a race to remember forever. I had a big grin on my face most of the race because I was enjoying it so much!
Simone came in at 4:18:52, 1218 overall (out of 2224) and 57/142 in her age group. She looked good at the end and I think it was a good time for her. Your 1st marathon will always be remembered. This was a positive start, I hope she keeps going and qualifies for Boston some day.
I don't have any pictures but I did make the TV broadcast, my wife saw me at the start, so I may be able to post it.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

congrats to you and simone! a 3:30 is a strong time and hopefully soon you'll snag an ny qualifier, if you're hoping for one at least. great racing from both of you and hope the recovery is going well.