Saturday, October 17, 2009

New Start and Cross Country

My daughter Tiffany runs XC for St. Joseph's College in West Hartford CT. She has taken time off her race time each week for 3.1 miles and today she went under 26 minutes. She ran a great race at the WNEC Invitational. The official time has not been published yet.
I just bought a Garmin 305 because it was 53% off at Amazon. I used it today for the first time. 6 miles in 49:11; back to running after last weeks marathon. My right leg is not totally recovered; I did run well today and I hope to run for an hour tomorrow.
The Garmin 305 is more accurate than the 201 that I had been using and it has a heart rate monitor too with many more functions. It can save and store your runs and has modes for biking and other sports as well. I'll write more about it when I have a little more experience with it.
The 201 I'm giving to my son; he has an older Garmin unit which doesn't always work.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

nice deal on the garmin! i still haven't figured mine out yet... just start, stop and how to get my data back off it. i should probably learn all the bells and whistles.

glad your legs are getting better, hope they are feeling even more improved now!