Saturday, May 02, 2009

Started Training Simone for Hartford

It was a beautiful morning to run. Simone came at 7:30.
I had to convince her to run the full marathon not the 1/2 but she is more than ready to give the full a try. I think she can run a sub-3:45 but we'll see as training progresses.
I suggested she buy the following: Amphipod hydration belt, http://www.amphipod.com/ a second pair of shoes and get use to taking gels as soon as we run over 7 miles.
I've used other belts and this brand seems like it might last the longest.
I suggested too that she go to a professional running store and see what they felt were the best type of shoes for her. Lastly, I said incorporating Pilates in her exercise and stretching would help her running. Here are some good workouts on YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdMptxZv4hQ
We ran 6.1 miles at 6.7 mph in 54:38. I thought it was a great beginning.
I ran an additional 5.4 miles at 7.0 mph for a total of 11.5 miles and 44.3 miles for the week.
My back feels a lot better today after taking yesterday off.

No comments: