Monday, May 25, 2009

Day After Race

I'm not stiff or very sore this morning. I ran well yesterday and at a good pace but I don't think I pushed myself like I could have if I hadn't had so many problems in the last 2 weeks.
I do take 2 Tbs. of Spectrum lemon flavored cod liver oil each morning which does help to ease inflammation. Also I take 1500mg of Glucosamine and 1200 mg of Chondroitin Sulfate in one tablet daily. Since the NYC Marathon in 2007, I always take 8 hour 650 mg Tylenol about 1 hour before the race after eating a powerbar or a banana.
With all the puddles, different surfaces and the relay folks coming and going in the race it did feel like a steeplechase at times. I love running in the rain when it's warm like it was yesterday but I did go a little slower at times since I couldn't always see the road surface clearly.
I'll take it easy today, maybe take a short walk.

No comments: