Tuesday, May 05, 2009

May Showers?

Today it rain or drizzled most of the day. I was laying in bed not wanting to run on the treadmill when my son called. We talked a while and when I hung up I thought I would run outside. I have been wanting to run in the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8's again and since I talked to Simone on Saturday I have been thinking that the firmer shoes might help my hips. I ran 8 miles in 1:07:10 a 7.1 mph pace. My lower legs hurt more with the Brooks shoes but I feel like I can go faster.
However, I ran 10.8 miles on Sunday and 5.1 yesterday so my legs feel a bit beat up.
I have a good lead on a job. I'll send my resume out tomorrow.
Unemployment gives me almost too much time to run. I need to be careful. Over 24 miles in 3 days is a little too much especially since most of the miles have been on the road. The changing surfaces do really help my legs.
Sorry about the pictures; I'll enlarge them so you can actually see me :-)

No comments: