Sunday, May 10, 2009

Latest Musings

The sciatic nerve in my left leg has been giving me trouble. It's been hard to sit or lie down in bed for 4 days. It doesn't hurt to run but most of the day is spent sitting.
On Thursday I ran 6.1 miles on the treadmill and I took Friday off as usual.
Saturday I ran with Simone 7.1 miles in 1:02:10 for a 6.7 mph pace. Another mile at the same pace as last week. Good progress. She will not be able to run much this week so we'll see  if 8 miles is too much on Saturday.
After running we went to my daughter Kelly's commencement for her Masters in Education at UConn. The whole family is very proud of her accomplishments.
Today her boy friend of 4+ years broke up with her. The highs and lows of being 20 something. We all feel bad but hope this does not dampen her spirits. We love her soooo much!
Today I ran 9.1 miles thinking of Kelly most of the run. My sciatica seems better tonight. It was a good run in 1:15:15 at a 7.2 mph pace.
Hopefully, I'll get a good night sleep and be 100% tomorrow.
My son came from Raleigh for the weekend which made it extra special. As I mentioned earlier, we will run the Marine Corp Marathon in October.

No comments: