Sunday, May 24, 2009

KeyBank Vermont City Marathon

It was a great day. We stayed in Essex Junction and rode in the back way on 7. No traffic! Usually there is lots of traffic when we come in from Williston. I had ww pasta and ww pizza for supper plus 2 beers and lots of water.
I saw a friend form my hometown Enfield, Al Garvey, who was running the 3 person relay with his daughter and son-in-law.
The race started and it rained on and off for the first 17 miles. Then it cleared up and the sun came out. I saw several Maniacs and talked to a few. I had a great time throughout.
Finished 507/2334 and 8/80 in my age group M5559. My time was 3:38:41.
The web site is very cool, http://www.runvermont.org/ if you put in my bib #2292 it'll give you all kinds of info like my average speed thoughout 7.2 mph, 8 min. 20 sec. and from the halfway to the end I passed 137 runners and 15 passed me. I started at 7.2 and ran between 8 min. 17 sec. and 8 min. 23 sec. the entire race.
I took PowerBar gel at mile 7, 11.7, 16.4, 20.8, and Gu chocolate at 22.8. The Powerbar is 1X caffeine.
I'll post pictures soon.

No comments: