Monday, September 27, 2010

Recovery Run?

Well I walked for an hour this morning, stretched and did some strengthening exercises before going for a 3 mile run at noon. It seems like my hamstring feels good after the initial 2 miles. But yesterday it seemed like after the long run that I probably weakened it running 11 miles. I felt the same after last weekends 15 miler. My conditioning is not where I want it and only short runs make the hamstring feel good the next day.
I did get some advice about running Hartford and long term goals from a couple of readers of this blog, thanks Lindsay and Patrick, and I'm inclined to agree with them and not push my legs too fast and run when I'm not ready. So Hartford is up in the air right now; I definitely need to feel better than I do today to decide to run.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Just keep taking it one day at a time and stay in tune with your body. The goal is running-for-life right, not just until October.

As for the strength training - maybe you cando some at home exercises?

Keith said...

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes you are right about a long term goal of running. I am trying to find a gym for less $ than what I was paying so I can cross train and lift weights.