Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pain

Well I'm in pain. I tried to run on Thursday and started at 10 something a mile and got slower. my right calf felt like a vice was squeezing it. I stopped after 1/2 a mile and walked home. At PT on Friday they worked on my back and hamstring. Jane, my physical therapist, gave me some exercises which have helped but I'm not sure I can run Hartford now. My massage therapist, Shannon, also talked about similar exercises but did not tell me it was related to my past injury. She has known me for years and I think did not want to tell me what was on her mind since she probably thought I would not be able to run Hartford or Manchester.
I probably hurt more mentally than physically. Not being able to run is a crushing blow; I do not like to bike or walk or any alternative to running. I have been blessed to run as much as I have and I do appreciate it.
My vacations are all centered around marathons. Now what will I do if I can't run?
Right now my back feels strange like it is not strong enough to run. Should I try Hartford and just run slow and walk some? It seems wrong but I don't want to give up. I don't want to jeopardize my chance to run Boston. I know it's a long way away but what will I do if I can't run in Boston. I have worked so hard for 6+ years and it means the world to me.
Any thoughts email me at keithal2@gmail.com

No comments: