Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tough 20

I decided to run my 20 miler today although I didn't feel like running early. So after going to WholeFoods, I came home and left about 11:10. I didn't feel good for 8 miles; I never run as well after eating breakfast. Usually I have a PowerBar and a banana and feel good starting out. I was hungry this morning and had to eat.
It was windy but sunny. 20.1 miles in 2:56:58, a 8:48/mi. pace. The Bert Yasso book I just finished seemed to say that I run my long runs too fast and since I didn't feel all that great I did try to pace myself and run a little slower. It was about the same as usual except for the beginning and mile 15-17. Overall I felt good and now have my 20 done for the month. Hopefully, all goes well at VA Beach.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

20 on a thurs! i kinda want to run 20 mid-week sometime but haven't yet... most i've done is 12-15mi. nicely done. i'm sure va beach will go just fine, hopefully the snow will hold off! :)