Thursday, February 25, 2010

Busy! *

Between work, classes, running and life in general I have been going non-stop for days. I haven't gotten enough sleep to run well and my homework is taking a lot longer than it should. Am I stupid or do I not have the background to do the work? I need at least another 2-2.5 hours of sleep after work to function and I get on a roll and then I need to make supper for the family. Than off to class!
I ran Tuesday, 5.2 miles, in 46:38 on the treadmill. This was actually fast for me on the treadmill, 46:38, 8:58/mi. I did withdraw from my ASP.NET class, so I can get a little more sleep and try to learn SQL and advanced web design both of which, if given the time, I can learn.
Here is what a lot of people are thinking and doing after the Myrtle Beach cancellation,http://www.news-record.com/content/2010/02/24/article/running_shorts_no_is_the_middle_word_of
the telling words are "...McDonald figures he spent $400 but has no race to show for it. For that reason, McDonald put Myrtle Beach clearly in his rear-view mirror.
"I don't want to go there at all," he says. "Why should I reward them for making me spend 400 bucks for nothing?"
It may be tough for me to get back since this economic downturn has hit my wife and I hard. Plus I had hoped to get another star for the Marathon Maniacs and now I'll be one race short.
I will run today and I may add to this post or write something new later.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i am struggling on 5-6 hours of sleep myself, i hope you are at least getting that? :-/

there was a good "on one hand, on the other hand" article on runner's world about the whole mb thing. easy to see both sides... hopefully they figure out something to make everyone somewhat-happy.

hope you are able to find a comfortable balance for everything.