Friday, December 31, 2010

A Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

I have been busy. Not just running.
On Christmas I ran outside in the afternoon. The road was crowded. 6 miles. Midnight Mass. The choir was wonderful ( my daughter Kelly sang!) Monday snow! snow! snow! After 6.7 miles on Sunday I didn't run for 2 days. Ate a lot. 6.8, 4.4 and 3.0 miles to end the year. My lowest total in 5 years. The sharp pain in my leg comes and goes. I really don't know if I will ever finish another marathon. I qualified for Boston and I'm signed up. I will start, and God willing, I will finish strong! I'm also signed up to run the Vermont City Marathon, my favorite marathon of all. Over the past 15 years I have had my problems and over come them so I am hopeful it will all turn out OK.
It's New Years Eve and I am sitting here hopeful of a great running year in 2011 for all.
I love talking to all the runners I meet at Fleet Feet and I hope all their goals are reached in 2011.

No comments: