Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm Really Back

Running wise, this has been a great week. Others at Fleet Feet have told me about lighter weight trainers but I didn't think their advice applied to me because of my back problems and I felt I needed more cushioning. But I believe now that I was wrong. I bought a pair of Adidas Adizero Bostons and ran first on a treadmill and then outside. They feel so light and my legs feel less fatigue. On Monday I did a recovery run in the Nike Max Motos on the treadmill, 5.4 miles. Wednesday again ran the treadmill in the Motos, 5.0 miles. But Thursday I tried the Bostons, 4.0 miles, 34:40, 8:40/mi. on the treadmill. Yesterday I wanted to see if they would work for me outside so I ran 4.1 miles, 31:54, 7:47/mi. Well the results speak for themselves. My legs felt great.
Today I wanted to do a long run to see if the shoes would work 2 days in a row and if there was ca chance that I could run a marathon in them. Well, 10.4 miles, 1:22:27, 7:55/mi. and my legs, hip, back, etc. all feel fine.
I sold 2 pairs of light weight trainers yesterday; hopefully the 2 people I sold them to will find that they work as well for them as they did for me.
I not sure right now if I will be able to get away for the Carlsbad Marathon. I still want to run it now with the possibility of running a faster race especially, but I'm not sure about my work schedule now.

No comments: