Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Day to the Next

Monday I took the day off after the 11 miles on Sunday. It was my birthday, I'm now 58, and I had my first of 3 classes 3 nights in a row.
Yesterday I felt great; it was still warm not quite as warm as Monday when it hit 56 but I felt strong. I ran 7.2 miles at 8:04/mi. Then I was up until after 11 last night and I woke this morning tired and a little stiff. I ran 12.2 miles today since I had the day off but it took 1:46:19, a 8:42/mi. pace. I usually alternate shoes but I ran in the new pair the past 2 days.
I don't think I can go to class 3 nights in a row, work and get all my homework done besides the family responsibilities I have to keep up with. Come late March I will need to start working in the garden and I do have 4 marathons in 4 months to run. I will decide by the end of the week what to drop.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

happy belated birthday! hope you've been having a good week.

that's a tough choice to make, but trying to juggle it all wouldn't be too fun either - stress, not being able to put 100% into each thing you do, etc. what about running on the other 4 days, and taking 3 days off when you have classes?