Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Week

Since the January 16 I have run every other day. My legs just didn't want to recover.
Today I switched to new shoes and feel a 100% better. I should have known it was the shoes but for some reason I miscalculated the number of miles on the last 2 pairs of shoes.
Today I ran 11.2 miles in 1:35:38, 8:32/mi. pace, with 1320 calories burned and the fastest pace 6:45/mi. My average HR was 132 and max was 156.
At least I have run double digits 4 of the last 5 runs. I have run 162.9 miles for the month. I may hit 200 by the end. Last January I did run the Houston Marathon with a week off after, but my monthly total was only 135+.
"Once a Runner" is a quick read and I am also reading "Brain Training for Runners". Both are interesting, Once... is suppose to be one of the best novels written about running. Brain training is more than just the mental game. This book was recommended by http://therunninglaminator.blogspot.com/

No comments: