Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Deep Freeze

Cold today , it didn't get to 32F. I ran 14.8 miles in 2:08:45 for a 8:42/mi. pace. I took yesterday off since I have been running 12 of the past 13 days and besides the cold I think my legs were a little tired. Sunday I ran 7 miles on the tread mill.
My heart rate is high at the beginning of my runs when I don't get any sleep before running. Today the Garmin had it peak at 190 for a very short time, less than 1/10 of a mile. I'm not sure if the the Garmin GPS/heart rate monitor is accurate or not or if it needs to calibrate at first. My rate always stabilizes after 1.4 miles and settles in around 130-134/min. It then spikes up hills as you would expect but never gets above 150-155. Cold again tomorrow and some snow on Friday.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

my hrm sometimes gives me a ridiculously high HR for the start of a run. i always chalked it up to the thing malfunctioning because then it settles down and stays in normal zone. i'm sure sleep definitely plays a role though.

i almost can't remember the last day it was above 32*! stay warm!