Wednesday, December 16, 2009

New Shoes, a Massage and Head Wind

That about sums up my run today. I got new shoes on Monday which I started breaking in today. Another pair of Air Max Moto 7s. I had a massage yesterday for the 1st time in a month and I needed it. A foam roller can do just so much and a few nagging problems were cleared up yesterday. I felt strong on the run, had my hat blown off at one point because of the strong head wind 3 of the last 4 miles. The result: 10.1 miles in 1:22:14, for an 8:08 pace. My son called just before mile 1 and we talked for about 3 miles. He hadn't signed up for the marathon and I saw just now it is full. So if he really wants to run he will need to do it through a charity.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

running an 8:00 pace and chatting on the phone? i'd definitely have to stop/walk so they could understand what i was saying :)