Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

I love Christmas. This year all my kids are home except my son and his family; but my wife and I will see them in February.
Today I ran 10.3 miles at a slow pace of 8:27/mi., fastest speed was 6:24 and I burned 1213 calories. The Garmin 205 definitely is information overload but great for comparison and all the info can be saved on the computer.
I'm almost done with "Born to Run" and I will give you my impression when I finish. I'm happy to say that I was running a modified version of the method in the book. It has certainly inspired me to run more outside this winter. I also think that losing weight has helped my legs for winter running.
Today I ran after work and I was "running" at work from 3:30 on. Right now my legs feel great!
I hope to run early tomorrow when the roads are free of traffic.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i can't imagine how work was the past few weeks with all the holiday shoppers! busy busy.

hope you and your family had a very merry christmas! i have enjoyed "getting to know you" a bit through your blog and comments on mine this year.