Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Howling Beagle Mix

I came home from work today tired so I hoped to get a couple hours sleep before I ran. Well with school out this week our dog had too many distractions. She was barking and howling for over an hour. I did lay down for about 21/2 hours but no sleep. I still ran 12.5 miles at a slow 8:54 pace but I have now run 2014.5 miles with one day left to run. I'll have to check the past years to see what my totals were compared to this year.
I have now signed up for the Myrtle Beach Marathon in February, Virginia Beach (Shamrock) Marathon in March and Boston in April. I will soon sign up for the KeyBank VT City in May. I love having goals, it helps me stay focused in all areas of my life not just running.
I'll finish "Born to Run" tonight and I will discuss it soon.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

congrats on cresting 2k! that sounds like a lot of racing for those 3 months. i'm too... conservative i guess. i need to just step out and sign up for them closer together!

happy new year!