Monday, August 24, 2009

Yesterday and Today

After Saturday's run my left ankle was a little tender. I iced it for awhile and it seemed OK.
My lower back and my neck were also out of whack! I ran 7.1 miles on Sunday in 58:11, 7.1 mph. Saturday was too slow for me, I need to run closer to 7.0 mph, but I realize that I need to go closer to what Simone needs to run. I try to stay a little ahead to push her some and it seemed to work until mile 16. We needed more to drink.
Today I was tired and I felt I shouldn't run more than 30 miles in 3 days so I ran just 5.2 miles. That's 30.4 miles in 3 days, 126.6 miles for the month so far. Busy day today; a couple calls about a job.
I feel like I have been eating too much lately. I have had ice cream several times during the heat wave. I don't usually eat ice cream at all.
Today I posted on Twitter a link about someone who is running 63 marathons in 63 days. 52 in 52 now 63 in 63 days, what's next? How do they find the money and the time let alone the stamina?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

hope your ankle is feeling even better today. those record-chasing people are crazy. i have a hard enough time getting in 2 marathons in 365 days!