Wednesday, August 05, 2009

4 Days to Go!!!

Well it's only 4 days until the Drake Well Marathon. I received an email that someone will be running it in Afghanistan simultaneously.
I took off yesterday and went to bed early last night; although, I heard the Red Sox lose in the 13th :-( I woke up with my left hip/back out of align. Great!!! I also had a migraine before my interview this morning.
The results of the interview: I came home and applied for 3 more jobs. I have a chance but no better than 50:50.
It's too late to see Shannon or Brian (my chiropractor) so I just hope my back allows me to run strong after the 2 big hills.
This is my 21st marathon and I haven't had to DNF yet; I usually feel good during the race no matter how I feel before. This has definitely been a tough 4 months. I'm sure better times are ahead.
Since several more people in my "network" were laid-off last week I don't expect much help from friends or family. Today I felt I was too old and had earned too much in the past to be considered. It's a great country that rejects experienced workers. I still have a lot to offer; someone has to give me a chance to prove it!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

take your frustrations out on the marathon! sorry to hear about the crappy job situation, i can't even imagine how tough it is to deal with. take care of that back! promise it an adjustment post-race.