Saturday, August 29, 2009

Last Saturday in August *

Where has the Summer gone?
Simone and I ran 10.2 miles today at about a 7.0 mph pace. I suggested she needs to tell herself that she can run this pace from mile 3 to mile 20 in Hartford. I know she can do this; it's just a matter of her thinking she can do it.
I ran three 10 milers this week and a total of 48.0 miles for the week. So far for the month 169.4 miles with 2 days left. That's the most miles for a marathon month this year.
I especially like "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Steve Prefontaine, American running legend

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

congrats on the monthly mileage pr! i love seeing new, higher totals in my log.

good luck convincing simone - it's much easier to believe in someone else than yourself! she's been training hard and well, so hopefully she will listen and believe too :)